Home  ›  Campus Life  ›  Rules & Policies  ›  Immigration Law Guide

Student Visa (Sojourn Status D-2)

  What is a Visa?

Korean law defines a visa as a “recommendatory action by a consul to apply for entry by a foreigner.”
Those not meeting the necessary requirements may be denied entry into the country.
In general, exchange/visiting students are required to apply for a D-2 (General Student) visa.

Foreigner Registration & Residence Management

Alien Registration Card


Foreigners who want to reside in Korea for more than 90 days

Documents to be submitted

Application form, original and copy of passport (photo side & visa side), certificate of enrollment,tuition receipts, two photos, commission fee of 30,000 won, residence certificate, Student insurance policy ※ Photo: taken within the last 6months, white background, 3.5cm*4.5cm, color, 1 photo of frontal showing eyebrows and ears


Application must be made within 90 days of entry

Required documents:

application form, passport and alien registration card, documents proving changes

Up date on the progress

TLBU Policies

TLBU Rules & Regulations

  Regulations-page under updating process.

Rules & Regulations

Title File
Regulation on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Misconduct
School Rules