Transnational Law & Business University (hereafter, the “TLBU”) has established the following policy in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, in order to protect the privacy and interests of its users and to quickly respond to any problems users may encounter in regards to their personal information. Any amendments made to this policy will be publically announced via the notice board of the website (or will be notified individually)
Article 1. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
TLBU processes the users’ personal information for the following purposes. The processed personal information will not be used for any purposes other than that are stated below. TLBU will be asking for prior consent from the users should any modification be made to the purposes.
A. Provision of Services
TLBU collects personal information to provide various services for introducing the institute, uploading postings on the notice board, providing educational contents and admission-related information, verifying personal identity, issuing certificates (certificate of education), and for course application and payment.
Article 2. Collected Personal Information
(1) TLBU collects the following personal information using the following methods for the provision of various services including membership registration and feedback to various user requests.
A. List of Collected Personal Information
B. Types of Personal Information Collected
• Information entered in the personal information section by the user when registering as a member of the website
• Information collected via forms, phone/fax, provided by affiliated institutions, or collected by information generation tools, etc.
C. Method of Collection
Article 3. Retention and Usage Period of Personal Information
Personal information collected in accordance to Article 2 (Collected Personal Information) will be retained and used by the TLBU as follows. Personal information of students attending the Foreign Languages Education Center will be semi-permanently retained and used for personal identification, verifying enrollment, and issuing certificates. Personal information of students attending the TLBU will be self-permanently retained and used to manage educational affairs (enrollment, assessment and graduation) and administrative affairs within the TLBU. The personal information will be destroyed immediately if a user should request to deactivate their account or withdraw their consent to collect and use their personal information.
• Legal Basis: Management Guideline for International Students (Ministry of Education)
• Retention Period: Semi-permanent
• Other Related Regulations: Management Guideline of Personal Information Files for Public Institutions
Article 4. The Right to Refuse and Disadvantages
TLBU collects personal information when the user apply for the TLBU. The collected personal information will be retained for the duration by School Rules. The user may refuse to agree to provide personal information, but this may also limit or student service and Academic service.
Article 5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
TLBU in principle, processes the users’ personal information in accordance with the areas stated in Article 1 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information) and does not process the information outside the expressly specified range or provide it to third parties without the consent of the user. TLBU, however, may process personal information in the following cases.
• In cases which the user has agreed to provide and open their personal information to the third party in advance
• In cases which provision is required by regulations, etc.
• In cases which personal information is necessary to fulfill a contract related to provision of service
and when it is conspicuously difficult to receive consent in an ordinary way, due to economic/ technological issues
• In cases which personal information is processed to make it impossible to identify individuals before usage
Article 6. Entrustment of Personal Information Processing
Article 7. The Data Subject’s Rights and Methods to Exercise the Rights
Users may exercise their rights as data subjects over personal information files retained by TLBU in the following cases, in accordance with Article 35 (Disclosure of Personal Information), Article 36 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information) and Article 37 (Suspension of Processing Personal Information).
• In cases which the user or an underage user under the age of 14 wishes to view, edit, or delete their personal information
• In cases which one should request correction or deletion of errors in one’s personal information.
• Should the user request to edit or delete errors found in their personal information,
the information will not be used or provided to any party until the information is fully edited or deleted.
If any incorrect personal information has been used or provided by TLBU, this will be rectified directly.
• Personal information closed or deleted by the user’s request will be processed in accordance with Article 3 (Retention and Usage Period of Personal Information).
• Access to the information, however, can be restricted under the provision of Article 35 Clause 5 of the Act, and requests to cease processing can be denied under the provision of Article 37 Clause 2 of the law. In addition, deletion will not be allowed in cases which the personal information is specified as information to be collected by other regulations.
Article 8. Disposal of Personal Information
TLBU saves personal information in accordance with its internal policy and related regulations for a certain period and then disposes of such information when the purpose of processing the information has been fulfilled.